Have a question about The Reserve at Saluki Pointe apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- How close to campus are you?
We are 1.2 miles south of SIU and within walking and biking distance. There is a shuttle that goes to and from campus for your convenience. The shuttle currently runs twice an hour (:04 and :34 after the hour) from 7:04 a.m. to 7:04 p.m Monday through Friday, until 7:34 p.m. on Saturday, and from 12:34 - 5:34 p.m. on Sunday. We are also on the Saluki Express Late Night Route which runs until 2:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday!
- How many people live there?
The Reserve is a 768 bed apartment community with 228 apartments.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of one (1) month's rent.
- If I pay in full do I get a discount?
Currently, we offer no discounts to those that choose to pay rent in full. However, there is the peace of mind knowing that you do not have to worry about getting rent to us each month and accumulating late fees if you are past the deadline.
- Is parking available?
- The Reserve has ample parking for you and your friends to come over and hang out with you. All parking is free and first-come-first-serve. We have 967 parking spaces with only 768 residents!
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
- Leases are legal contracts for the entire lease term, and the resident will be responsible for the lease. However, we do offer a reassignment option, which involves a $200 fee and the resident will be responsible for finding another resident to take over their lease before they are released from their obligation to the lease.
- What types of leases are available?
- The Reserve offers 12 month lease installments, with terms beginning on August 14, 2016 and ending July 31, 2017. We also offer short term leases that begin on August 14, 2016 and end either on May 31, 2017 (10 month lease*) or on December 31, 2016 (five month lease). You will have a chance to renew your lease before the end of the lease term, and you can continue your stay with us without moving out.
*Subject to availability.
- What utilities are included in my rent?
The Reserve takes care of all utilities EXCEPT your electric (required) and a land-line telephone (optional). Here is a list of what we provide for your convenience: *Water *Trash Removal *Wireless Internet community wide *Cable + HBO in every bedroom and in the common area